Thursday, March 16, 2006

So, my favorite football team, the Vikes, just traded Duante Culpepper for a 2nd round draft choice. Not much for a former Pro Bowler. However, I never really was on the Daunte Culpepper train. Don't get me wrong, he was very adequate as a quarterback, but he was not as good as he believed himself to be. And he was certainly not worth the outrageous amount of money he was asking for, this after getting a hefty bump in his contract less than a year ago. DC's strength was being able to throw the ball way down field, and have Randy Moss run under it. Take away Randy, and you have a whole different QB, one who has more than a little trouble trying to finesse the ball to receivers in the middle, and one who even has trouble throwing a little dump pass to his backs, often throwing it over there outstretched arms, or at their feet. To me the final straw was the Love Boat incident. Now don't get me wrong, my problem was not the party itself. I do not believe in imposing my beliefs or morals on anyone else. However, DC was witnessed performing some sort of sex act in open. Busted. First he disrespected his wife with that act. Then, he disrespected the public, first by lying, saying he wasn't there, then by claiming that the whole investigation was racially motivated. Now, rather than face his fans and say "I'm sorry", he demands a trade, and behaves in such a way to all the team officials, that they had no choice but to trade or release him. All I can say is, good riddance Daunte, I hope Miami realizes what a gem of a role model they got in you. (Miami fans....my condolences)

2 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 
At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home