Thursday, March 23, 2006

But it's not about me....

I was thinking about my "All about me" post, and I realized, it's really not all about me. I shared a little about my faith, but not about my family. Allow me to remedy this. There is my lovely wife, P, who has put up with me for almost 21 years. She is an Registered Nurse, in the Long Term Care industry. She is on the Worship team at church, as well as serving in other areas as well. Then there is our daughter, J. She currently attends a Performing Arts High School in our area. She is also involved with not only our church, but with one of the so called Mega-Churches in our area, where she attends their youth programs. She spent 6 weeks last summer in Gambia, Africa, with a team from Royal Servants. This summer she is going to spend 6 weeks in Guatemala serving at the orphanage we go to, then she will come back and serve another week at STORM Camp, a service camp run by our former Pastor in northern Minnesota. That's 7 weeks out of her summer break spent serving others. Praise God. She is a teenager, she sometimes makes dumb choices, but overall she has got a pretty good head on her shoulders, and we love her very much.

6 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Well Ken, I made it over. And I was with you spot on until I got to the part about you being a Vikings fan. If you and I ever part ways, that could well be the cause. Otherwise, I don't doubt we could work out any differences, if only we agree to disagree on the fine points.

Readership takes time to develop in a blog. Be patient. Comment on others' blogs so they'll know you're there. Link liberally. It'll come. Or so I'm told - I'm still waiting.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

What an awesome family you have! I am amazed at how actively you serve other people. That is a great example to me.

Thanks for stopping by and for the link, despite my (gasp!) religious persuasion. ;)

 
At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great family Ken. Keep up the blogging.

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home