Friday, April 07, 2006

The Bachelor

Well, I'm a bachelor for the next week. Had to get up at 4AM to get P and J off to the airport so they could get on a plane to warm and sunny Phoenix, Arizona, where my wifes Dad lives. They do this trip every so often, while I stay and take care of the house and pets. Now, I know some of you ladies out there are probably shaking your heads, thinking I'm just going to make a mess that she will have to clean when she gets back. But, that would be a false assumption. Actually, the house was a disaster before they left, and I will spend the next week cleaning and organizing. (one closet is already done) I also try to do some sort of renovation, or redecorating while they are gone. I did the living room one year, which included some structural changes, new electrical, new paint, new carpet, as well as new furniture. Last year I did our bedroom, which she had no idea I was doing. While it was only painting, for the most part, it was still a huge job. Each wall had to be painted, (sort of a lilac purple) then they were "ragged" with a darker purple. And, the ceiling also had to be painted in the same dark purple. Did I mention that I had to do it without taking the furniture out of the room? I worked my paying job during the day, so house work was done at night. The furniture was too big to move myself, so, the room was done 1/3 at a time. P was very surprised, and happy, when she saw it. Purple just happens to be her favorite color. So this years project is..whoops..can't tell you. See, they may have access to a computer. And if they do, they may use it. And if they do, they may check this blog. And if they do, IT WON"T BE A SURPRISE. So, I'm not telling. You'll just have to wait.

6 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you win the prize for best surprises! Green is my favorite color, so feel free to stop over and slap some color around my house!!!

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 
At 4:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://yznjdfhp.com/oqos/gdjq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://krzzcbnq.com/mbka/vfdm.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://yznjdfhp.com/oqos/gdjq.html | http://nynansyi.com/kvcs/pesg.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home