Thursday, March 30, 2006

More than a song....

My friend, Josh, just did a post on the way a song, ( "The Voice of Truth", by Casting Crowns), lifted him, and reminded him of God's plan for him, during a time of struggle. I was reminded of the power of music, which most of us listen to daily, to transform our spirit, and affect our outlook and attitude. The question is...what are you listening to? What are you're children listening to? Is it filled with references to sex, one night stands, drugs, violence, etc. Or is it filled with the hope, love and guidance that we get from our Father. There is an incredible amount of unbelievably good Christian music out there, in every style you can think of. As Christian parents, we should be setting the example for our children, and encouraging them to make choices in their music that may not be on Billboard's Top 100. The good news is that some Christian bands are making it there. Switchfoot is just one example. If you have an interest, click the "I-Tickets link on the sidebar. Click on the Artists link to find info on 100's of Christian acts. May God bless each of you. Ken

2 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 14 ds laughs at my choice of music sometimes. I happen to really like Keith Greene's music. I bought a cd a couple of weeks ago and I was told I listen to hippy music now.

Funny though, he seems to enjoy my music most days.

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home