Monday, May 08, 2006

The fog is clearing

Ugh. That pretty much sums up what I've felt like the last three and a half days. A nasty head cold sapped me of not only all my energy, but of all coherent thought also. I was looking back on some comments I left at others blogs, and I couldn't believe all the spelling errors I made. I'm just now starting to feel better, which is good, as I am scheduled to go to Unidos en Christos this week. This is a 3 1/2 day study retreat, running Thursday through Sunday. We asked to leave watches, clocks, cell phones, PDA's, and such at home, and to concentrate on the experience. Men go one week, and ladies go the next week. I cannot tell you much more than that, as that is pretty much all I know. We have had a number of couples from our church, including our former Pastor and his wife, go through the weekend, and they all rave about it. They just won't be specific about what happens there. I will fill you all in next week, unless they swear me to secrecy, in which case I will tell you, but then I'll have to kill you after. Just kidding. Maybe. Anyway, please pray that not only will I be healthy by then, but that God will work in me, and that I will be receptive to what He is saying. Thanks for your prayers, and may God bless each of you! Ken

5 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are prayers for good health and a wonderful experience.

I'll take my chances on facing the firing squad if you break the secrecy. I can be discreet with private matters and confidences, but when it comes to attending a function and then not telling anyone, well, that could be a different matter. Feels a bit cultish don't cha think? ;)

I'm coming back for details!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger kpjara said...

It sounds very intriguing and 'growth-promoting'...I love that stuff...and it invariably comes at the time we need it most (THANKs GOD!)

Yes, I pray for total physical healing and wellness so you can experience the whole thing.

Blessings to you and yours.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Hi Ken! I hope your experience at this retreat will help you get a little clarity and meditate on the things most important to you. Developing a deeper connection with God is always a positive thing.

Be well!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I'd be happy to pray that you have a wonderful experience and that you will be allowed to come back and share it with us without having to kill us later. Maybe. ;-)

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home