Friday, May 19, 2006

Life Unlimited

I was thinking about my first mission trip to Guatemala. I have taken numerous trips there to help build an orphanage for boys who are either off the streets, or at risk of ending up there. Actually, it is more of a group home setting, with the campus being set up with a number of "homes," each of which will house six to eight boys, as well as a set of "parents." The whole thing was actually a vision of David and Becky Dvorak, two of the most faith filled people I have ever met. And when I say vision, I am not kidding. One day when David was having lunch with a friend, he literally was hit in the head with an actual, God given vision of not only the ministry they would be doing, but of exactly what the property would look like. So when he started looking at property to buid on, he was literally looking for this exact property that would match his vision. In fact, he went to look at a one lot, and saw a lot right by it that was the one from his vision. It wasn't even for sale, but turned out that the owner was thinking of selling it, so they settled on a price, and the rest is history. Well, not quite....You see, the Dvoraks didn't have any money. They were running a little store front ministry to street kid's in Guatemamla City, and operating on a shoestring budget as it was. Now they had some big payments coming due. Did they panic, or start begging? No. They sent an e-mail that simply stated their vision, talked about the property, and stated the price of the land. And they prayed. They had the first teams come down, teams which raised their own construction costs, and started building before the first payment was made. The first building was finished, and a second started before the payment finally came due. With a sizeable amount of money due in one week, they had managed to bank the incredible amount of....nothing. All the money they had coming in was going to the building projects, which now looked at risk of being lost with the land. But David and Becky had such a faith, that they never doubted for a second that God would provide the money needed. And, in fact, two days before it was due, Their parent organization called and informed them that a couple churches had raised money for them. The amount raised was exactly the amount they needed. Exactly. And, over the years, this is how I have watched them operate, never worrying about whether money or other needs are going to be met; they KNOW that they are going to be met. The homes they build are called Life Homes, and their ministry is called Life Unlimited. (Vida Unlimitada) They could just as well call it Faith unlimited, for that is what they have.They have been the lesson for me, that if you turn over all your needs to God, He will be faithful. I am sorry to say, though, that I have not been anywhere near as faithful as David and Becky at turning over control. I do know, however, that God has a plan for me, and I try to turn over a little more control all the time. One day I will reach the faith of the Dvoraks, and I will live whatever life God has in store for me. Until then, it's all about taking steps, steps that bring me closer to God's plan. I pray that we all can realize the plan God has for us, and that we all can give Him control, that we can also have unwavering faith in our glorious Father. Can I get a great big Amen to that, brothers and sisters? God bless you all today, Ken

5 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ken, this is what we are striving to be as well. There are most days when I am in this place, then I hit some times in life that I slip away from that faith level.

I would love to know more about this couple, their program...

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

You sure can. AMEN!

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 
At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home