Monday, November 20, 2006

Tis the Season.....

I recieved the following in an Email and thought it would be good to pass it along, as we enter the Christmas season.

Dear children,


It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that
folks are taking My name out of the season. Maybe you've forgotten that I
wasn't actually born during this time of the year and that it was some of
you're predecessors who decided to celebrate My birthday on what was
actually a time of pagan festival. Really though, I do appreciate being remembered
anytime.

How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be
most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children
of your own. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate
My birth just, GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Now, having said that let Me
go on.

If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow
a scene depicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple of Santas and
snowmen and put in a small Nativity scene on your own front lawn. If all My
followers did that there wouldn't be any need for such a scene on the town
square because there would be many of them all around town.

Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a
holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees.
You can & may remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine if
you wish: I actually spoke of that one in a teaching explaining who I am in
relation to you & what each of our tasks were. If you have forgot that one,
look up John 15: 1 - 8.

If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My
birth here is my wish list. Choose something from it.


1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way
My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers
away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I
know, they tell Me all the time.

2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know
them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.

3. Instead of writing George complaining about the wording
on the cards his staff sent out this year, why don't you write and tell him
that you'll be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up. It
will be nice hearing from you again.

4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can't
afford and they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My
birth, and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and
remind them that I love them.

5. Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive
him or her.

6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take
their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless?
Since you don't know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm
smile it could make the difference. Also, you might consider supporting the
local Hot-Line: they talk with people like that every day.

7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your
town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them
a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a
"Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then stop
shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn't make so much money on that day
they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their
families.

8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary,
especially one who takes My love & Good News to those who have never heard
My name. You may already know someone like that.

9. Here's a good one. There are individuals & whole families in
your town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but neither will they
have any presents to give or receive. If you don't know them (and I suspect
you don't) buy some food & a few gifts & give them to the Marines, the
Salvation Army or some other charity which believes in Me & they will make
the delivery for you.

10. Finally if you want to make a statement about your
belief in and loyalty to Me, then behave like a Christian. Don't do things
in secret that you wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your
actions that you are one of mine.

P.S Don't forget; I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me &
do what I have told you to do. I'll take care of all the rest. Check out the
list above & get to work; time is short. I'll help you, but the ball is now
in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you
love and remember, I LOVE YOU. Jesus

Let's remember the "WHO and WHY" of the Christmas season, and how WE can pass it along, instead of worrying about those who won't. God bless each of you, and may we each truly be thankful for all He has provided, this week, and every week.

4 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger HeyJules said...

GREAT advice! I'm going to take it all to heart.

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ken, not sure who wrote this, but I agree. There is sooo much complaining, whining, finger pointing and even though many good intentioned fights to keep Christ in Christmas... He is always there. No one can remove Him.

Christmas was manufactured as a tradition that is well intentioned, is a fun and beautiful time for most and wonderful that many come together to focus on and worship our Lord, but it is not as important as it is being made out to be as it truly relates to God.

God wants us each and every day. Christ deserves our attention and honor in all we say, do and think - always. If more focus was spent in prayer and a daily walk that was evident that we are followers of Christ, we would have a greater impact than any greeting, display or message on a card can ever do.

Thanks for putting this out there for thought! Thanks for you prayers regarding our move. Tomorrow will be my last day online until we get things organized. Guess we will see how long that actually takes! ;)

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back again. Thought I'd pop in quick to see how you are doing since I do not know how much longer I'll have my computer up.

We got snow here last night. :( Still snowing. It will make the move more difficult and COLD but it is beautiful.

Hope your day is going great!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Dani Kekoa said...

This is great reminder. I just received this email from a friend today. Glad to see it's going around!

God Bless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home