Saturday, May 20, 2006

Special Post

This post is for Tim, who commented on my post about Unidos en Cristo. I don't know if you will see this, but I have a feeling you will. I'm sorry that the weekend was not everything you hoped for. Perhaps I can help you figure out why. you stated you were disappointed in not seeing God that weekend. Wait, that's not in your comments, how would I know that? Because, my brother, you were sitting at the same table as me last weekend. I remember you commenting on the same issues, and especially the part about not wearing a watch. I knew that you were not happy, and I hoped you would talk about it. That was why , during our talk group, I suggested that you had something to say. And you missed the part where God was working. It wasn't in the healing of J. We both know that he did not recieve physical healing. I believe that God eased his pain, but He did not heal him. And it is not because of any inferred sin in his life. No, I believe that there are some issues of honesty that need to be dealt with there. So where was God, then? Right in front of you. You did not see because you allowed yourself to be distracted. That is why they ask that you not bring a cell phone or a watch. The idea is to focus competely on Jesus. By instead focusing on the very distractions they tried to remove, you were already defeated. You see, God was at work by putting you in the same group as me. I told you my major spiritual gift is discernment. Well I could tell, as the weekend progressed, that you had some issue in your spiritual life that you did not want to talk about. My guess would be that you are beginning to doubt God, even though, as you put it, you were brought up in the church your whole life. Which is why you stated that you wanted to see God that weekend. If you don't believe that we were put together for a reason, consider this. When you did your Google search on Unidos en Cristo, out of all the blogs out there, what are the odds you would end up at mine, leaving a comment to boot. That is how God works, little nudges and whispers, not big firework shows. If you want to feel Gods presence, and to hear His voice, you have to start truly worshiping Him. That was what the weekend was about, and that is what you failed to do. When you came to this blog, the cloud over your eyes did not even allow you to recognize me. My prayer is that you will see the truth in what I'm saying, and that you will begin to truly reach out to God. Only then will you truly hear or see Him. I would love to help you work through this, if you wish. I hope to see you on Sunday. Maybe we can get together, perhaps visit each others church. Oh, and I believe that somehow God will draw you back to read this. That is how He works. May God bless you and your family, Ken

3 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well i may not have the gift of discerning and I may have a cloud over my eyes, but i wanted to let people know about the things that i thought were odd ... like only being able to shower once in 3 1/2 days....having numerous leaders sitting amongst us and not identifying themselves as leaders, who had already been through the program before,and having them change our assigned seating around when we went to the bathroom ...waking up to smelling bacon, only to find it as a centerpiece and being served cold cereal for breakfast....not to mention having to sing that color song before every meal in spanish for the staff before getting any breakfast...half that songs we sang that weekend werent even worship songs.... I stand by my first comment(see my other comment) as being accurate and honest. People need to be aware of the basic rules, things that happened to us, and other oddities. IF they can live with those things,then more power to them. And I still have not given away any of the surprises! Best wishes.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger the voice said...

Tim, this will be the last I will post on my blog on this. I hope I did not come across as judgemental or convicting, as that was never my intention. I think that the UEC leadership would value your comments. There is a link on my sidebar for them. I believe much of the weekend was supposed to be symbolic of different aspects of Christianity, including suffering and sacrifice, which should be a part of our daily walk with Christ,as He suffered and sacrificed Himself for us. There are some other analogies if you look at the weekend. I was sorry to not see you Sunday, and even sorrier when I found your wife withdrew. I hope it was a self choice, and not a health issue. I would still love to get together sometime. Please e-mail me using my address in my profile. And, please pray over the things I have said. I will be praying for you and your family. God bless you, Ken

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home