Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Do ya miss me??

Okay, so I'm starting to realize that blogging during these summer months is simply not going to work. As I work evenings, I have my mornings and early afternnon to get things done. These last few weeks I have been swamped. There is the lawn, which I have been watering regularly so it doesn't go brown on me. Then, with all the watering, comes mowing every 4-5 days. Then there was the work on my daughter's room, (which included a huge amount of cleaning) to prepare for her coming back from Guatemamla. She did make it back safely, by the way. Another post that never got done...sigh. There was also a brake job, tune up, and oil change to do on my daughter's car, tie rods and brakes to do on mine, gardens that need constant care, trees that needed trimming, and a garage needing cleaning. Then throw in grocery shopping once or twice a week. Did I mention that these are all things I get no help with? Then, last night, I drove my daughters car to work, parked it in the parking lot, and went to work. I have to drive a City vehicle around, so my car is unattended. While I was working, it started raining...hard. Then it really started to rain...harder. After about 20 minutes of downpouring, I got a call from one of my fellow employees. Seems my car was getting submerged. It was up to the bottom of the doors, and rising. So, I drove like a wild man, through a bunch of very submerged intersections, finally arriving back at City Hall. My daughters car, a Saturn, was sitting in what was basiclly a small lake, with water about 8" above the bottom of the doors. I managed to wade to it, get the door open and get in. Amazingly, I was actually able to get it started, though I had to hold the pedal to the floor to keep it running. I got it out of the flooded area, opened the door, and let the water drain for what seemed like 5 minutes. Then came 2 hours of wet vaccing to clean it up as much as possible. Luckily, Jen is gone (again) to STORM Camp this week, so I have a little time to get it back to normal. But what I'm realizing, as I look ahead, is that I am not going to be able to make any substantive posts until fall, at best. I try to prioritize my time, and unfortunately, this blog is not at the top of my list. I am not gone, and I will post when I get the chance, so I hope you will keep checking in. Thanks to those who e-mailed me. I will keep checking in on all of you, and comment when I have time. May God bless you all, Ken

4 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

So sorry about the flooding! But God blessed you with a really good coworker...

Don't worry about not being as attentive in your blog, especially over the summer. It seems to be the way of things. Believe it or not, taking care of real life is so much more needed than dealing with this virtual one. (Is that blasphemy?)

I'm just glad to see that you are alive and kicking, even if it is in the severe heat.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger kpjara said...

Wild weather!

We'll hang tight til fall and check back regularly til you are able to write again!

Blessings.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

I wondered where you disappeared to and was starting to get worried but I remembered you saying your blogging was going to be sporadic.

Don't worry...we'll check in and you come back and play with us when you get the chance.

God bless, my friend.
Jules

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home