Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A two finger response...

Since I started blogging, I have come to realize how many different beliefs, or rather, understanding of beliefs there are in the Christian church as a whole. My first few days of exploring blogdom were in the midst of a storm over not only whether Mormans are or are not Christians, but whether or not those who said they could be were doomed to Hell. I have seen disagreements over the truth of Scripture, pre-destiny versus free will, the right to judge others, homosexuality, and even whether God ordains evil to be in this world. Before blogging, I never realized how many different idealogies there were in the "one body." As such, I am going to be working on some rather lengthy, at least by my standards, posts on some of these issues. You all need to realize that I type with two fingers, and because of that, it takes forever to type these darn things. I used to type almost 70 words per minute....back in high school. (think late 70's) Well, what little talent I had then has left me. What hurts, is that in an attempt not to spend so long writing these, I sometimes leave my messages a little sparse. I want to avoid that with these coming posts. So, with a message for church to prepare, and two or three big posts to try and put into words, it's going to be a little light here for the next couple weeks. You may still see some generic posts, or some stuff I borrow from e-mails, and I certainly will be visting and commenting at your sites. But, alas, there may be a few cobwebs growing here. I'll do my best to keep them cleaned up. God bless you all, Ken

6 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Deb said...

It's strange how two Christians can think so extremely different. Wars for years have been going on due to differences of basically the same religion -- different extreme (if you will)......

In some concept, no one "knows" the truth---they "believe" what's to be true.

It'll never end...the debates of beliefs of the human heart. Those who judge are only hurting themselves in my opinion.

I hope to see more posts from you--as LONG as it takes. :)

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger HeavyDluxe said...

I'm looking forward to the posts, though I wonder how different our views will be. :-)

Just wanted to say thanks for the link... I'm flattered!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Jeez, Ken, could God have put the two of us in the same space at the same time for any other reason than this? I pretty much said the exact same thing late last night on my blog. Holy cow, Batman...this is just too freaky!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger great2beme said...

I am with Deb on this those who judge will hurt themselves mostly. We are here to live by example, and love love love no matter what. Above all else is love. The views people have are interesting, but God will have the ultimate answers. I won't even attempt to guess at this point in my life. thanks for the thought provoking post.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger kpjara said...

I'm looking forward to the posts! I'll be praying both 'fingers' remain strong and agile...

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home