Monday, June 12, 2006

Let's try this again....

This is a second attempt at this meme. I was tagged by Shalee weeks ago, and when I finally did it, Blogger ate my post. So here is a little more abbreviated version, and yes, this time I saved my work before publishing. So, without further ado.....

Accent
Come on. Everyone knows we Minnesotans don’t have accents. It’s the rest of the country that does. And for the record, I have never used, nor have I ever heard anyone use, the phrase "ya, you betcha"
Bible book I like best
James; He best put into words the kind of life Christ wanted us to live.
Chore I most don’t care for
Bathroom duty...Yuk
Dog or cat
3 dogs..3 cats
Essential electronics
yes, they are essential! Actually, my computer is the only one I truly could not do without.
Favorite cologne
As my wife is allergic to colognes, I haven’t bought any since mid 80"s.
Gold or silver
Most definately...Gold
Handbag I carry most often
Igloo Playmate cooler
Insomnia?
Yes
Job titles
Christian, Husband, Dad, Facilities Maintenance...in that order
Kids
Sixteen year old daughter
Living arrangements
40 year old split entry house
Most admirable trait
I have no admirable traits, to speak of.
Naughtiest childhood behavior
When I was 14, my parents gave my brother and I an old 63 Chevy Impala, which did not run. It was supposed to be something to keep us busy tinkering with, but, unknown to them, we actually got it running. So, we would sneak out at night push it out of the driveway, cruise all night, and then coast it down the hill we lived on and back into the driveway.
Overnight hospital stays
Tonsils, and a stint when I broke my ankle in three places sliding into second......and I was safe, by the way.
Phobias
Spiders, small enclosed spaces, and heights...but I still want to sky dive!
Quotes
"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy, although I would change it to; Ask not what Jesus can do for you, but what you can do for Jesus!
Religion
Methodist is my denomination, but really, I just consider myself a Christian.
Siblings
Three sisters, two brothers
Time I wake up
I usually wake up at about 7 AM, when my daughter wakes up, but I don’t get out of bed until 7:30 or so.
Unusual talent or skill
none, at all
Vegetable I refuse to eat
Brussel sprouts....I do not even know why these are considered a food
Worst habit
I do tend to drive a little over the speed limit at times...okay, most the time.
X rays
Yes, when I broke my ankle sliding into second base...and I was safe, by the way!
Yummy stuff I cook
I make a Lasagna to die for, Chili, anything on the grill...I am pretty much the cook in our family. Zoo animal I like the most
Monkeys

I tag Pam in Colorado, Jules, and anyone else who wants to play along.

6 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Handbag I carry most often
Igloo Playmate cooler

*****

Now I'm sorry but THAT was funny!!! Put a sense of humor down under admirable traits cause you earned it with that remark!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

"Most admirable trait
I have no admirable traits, to speak of."

You are such a liar... you strive to put God first in all that you do. That, dear sir, is admirable.

But you hit the mark on this one:
"Vegetable I refuse to eat
Brussel sprouts....I do not even know why these are considered a food"

They are just sick and wrong, I tell you. Sick. And. Wrong!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger kpjara said...

Brussel Sprouts are like manna from heaven compared to peas! Though, frankly I don't understand the creation of either of them. I bet we get to heaven and find out they were never meant to be eaten!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I love brussles sprouts, and I love peas. But ASPARAGUS....gack! Who can eat that?

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home