Thursday, June 29, 2006

Remember me???

It's been awhile since I have done the message at church. I had completely forgotten how much fun it is putting together a sermon that is understandable, relevant, biblical, and that won't put everyone to sleep. I will not guarantee that mine will have any of those attributes. It will be given though. The content has been sort of evolving, as I am in my 5th revision. I write, read it back to myself, pray and contemplate, and then rewrite parts. The problem comes when your mind comes up with a great theme; for me it was 4th of July, obviously. But then, as you pray and follow the lead of the Spirit, your message ends up straying from the theme you planned. In the end, my message has little to do with the actual holiday. But, I believe, I've managed to keep it at least partially relevant to what the holiday is all about. That is all I will say for now. Our church does do Webcasts of the messages, so I am assuming there will be an opportunity, for any of you who dare, to listen to it at your convenience. That's it for now. I apologize for not visiting each of you as much as I would have liked. I have some major catching up to do. God bless you all, and have an awesome, joy filled 4th of July!

5 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger kpjara said...

Can't wait to hear it!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

Woo hoo Ken! Thanks for letting God use you in this way. I know that you will be a great vehicle for which God will speak.

Have a blessed day.

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Susannah said...

Keep on praying and revising. Your attitude is right, so I trust your message will be powerful. Isn't it interesting that as teachers, we are as blessed by the study of God's word, as others are by hearing us? I think perhaps we benefit more. I never tire of studying the Truth, do you? Enjoy, my friend!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger great2beme said...

I know it will be enlightening, a blessing and a pleasure to hear. God will use you as always to do great things.

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home